Steps involved in making a request for a new website in the UCSC WordPress platform.
Things to do before you make your request:
On this page
1. Make your website request
After covering your website plans with your Website Liaison, you will need to submit a form to make your request. You’ll need to login with your CruzID.
Things you’ll need to complete your website request
- A single UCSC contact person and email to be responsible for the ongoing ownership the website.
- The primary audience of your website.
- Type of website you need.
- Expected timeline of your website transition.
- Other information you’d like to share about your website.
2. Prepare for your new website
It will take a short time to prepare the access to your website. In the meantime, there are some tasks you can start:
3. Streamline your website work
- Quality assurance check your website as you go. Reach out to your Website Liaison for tips on how to do this.
- Use a Broken Link Checker to catch any broken links, and fix them.
- Plan for redirects early on. Redirects are short term solutions, poor for Search Engine Optimization (SEO), and in the long run may hurt the findability and usability of your web content. Talk to your Website Liaison about best practices.
Ready to go live?
When you’re ready, follow the steps involved in Launching Your Website.
Looking for help?
How can we improve?
We’re always looking for ways to improve your experience with Information Technology Services. We welcome your feedback.